asiamaya.com - optimized for cell phone and PC browsing
MAIN NAVIGATION PAGE
St. Peterís Church
St. Peterís Church near the Grand Oriental Hotel used to be the Dutch Governerís banquet Hall until it was first used as a church in 1804. On Galle Road next to the Lanka Oberoi is the St. Andrewís Scots Kirk, built in 1842.Wolvendaal Church on Wolfendahl Street is Colomboís oldest Dutch church. Going back to the middle of the 18th century it sports a floor made of tomb- stones from another Dutch Church and still holds services in English and Tamil. The famous Church of St. Anthony is situated beside the sea where Sea Street and St. Anthonyís Mawatha meet.
In the 9th century, the turtle ships were deployed, and King Sejong the Great promulgated the Korean alphabet Hangul.
This page: http://www.asiamaya.com/asiaguide/srilanka/e-03colo/es-col17_f2.htm
Copyright © Dan Kardarron
333 Srinakarin Road