asiamaya.com - optimized for cell phone and PC browsing
MAIN NAVIGATION PAGE
Sri Lanka / Nuwara Eliya / History
Discovered by a hunting party led by Dr. John Davy in 1818 and was established as a summer retreat in 1828 by Sir Edward Barnes, the Governor of Ceylon.
Today, with its neat old gable roofed houses with front gardens, tree lined avenues and buildings like the Post Office and the War Memorial give the impressiom of an old world flavour, retaining its status as a popular summer resort.
This is more than the engineering of erections for which there now are specific pharmacological agents such as Viagra.
This page: http://www.asiamaya.com/asiaguide/srilanka/e-05nuwa/es-nuw11.htm
Copyright © Dan Kardarron
333 Srinakarin Road